Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Less Stuff, Less Stress- End of February Update!

Hey everyone! 

I figured today would be a great day to update you on my Less Stuff, Less Stress resolution. If you remember I started this project here.

So far I have managed to gather up quite a few items in the kitchen, and I also built up quite a bit of recycling during my file cabinet organization last week. 

I did a quick clean out of a couple areas last week. First, I took a look in my closet and I found a ton of t-shirts that I had been holding onto for sentimental reasons and knew I didn't really need anymore. I find that most of the time I hold onto items for reasons that really don't matter. Do I really need that shirt from the event I attended in 2007? The answer is always, probably not. 

In addition to those shirts, I also ditched a couple of VHS tapes I have been holding onto for sentimental reasons. One was Beauty and the Beast which has always been my favorite Disney movie, however I now have two different versions of it on DVD….so why do I need it on VHS when I can't even watch it? I have finally given it up! The second VHS is The Sound of Music. Now, this VHS used to belong to my grandma who passed away several years ago, and that made it very difficult for me to give it up. It's the movie, not the actual VHS that brings back memories of my grandma- so I will purchase The Sound of Music on DVD and donate the VHS.


Another bag out of my space!

I know there are more things secretly hiding around that are just waiting to be sent to the donation bin, and I will find them over the course of this year!

Have you managed to declutter and create a simpler life for yourself this year? Let me know how you're doing on this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment